Friday, September 16 – 10:00am – 3:30pm Eastern
Thank You To Our Constitution Day Sponsors
Mrs. Darian Downs
Our LIVE Constitution Day VIRTUAL Workshops!
Join us on Friday, September 16th for our Constitution Day Virtual Workshops – geared toward students! Perfect for watching from home or in the classroom. We have new programs every half hour! Drop in based on your interest, or stay all day.
Join us for a full day of 30-minute workshops, starting at 10:00 AM Eastern, to celebrate the U.S. Constitution and help students learn how the Constitution applies to their individual strengths and interests! Each segment will feature our fabulous We The Future Contest winners!
Teachers: Sign up by Friday, September 9, and upon request, we will provide free Constitutions for your school and classroom! Email your request with the amount needed and shipping address to email@example.com
All students who watch at least one live segment will receive two extra weeks to submit their We The Future Contest entry, with the new due date being Friday, September 30! Click here for more information on our contest!
ALL TIMES IN EASTERN.
- 10:00 AM – Opening & Introduction
- 10:15 AM – LIVE Reading of the U.S. Constitution
- Join us for a live reading of the Constitution – with students!
- 11:30 AM – The Constitution & Crafts Workshop
- Special Guest: Texas Poet Laureate and Constituting America Poetry Judge: Karla Morton leads your students in crafting their own poem and art project.
- Teachers & Parents – Click here to print a coloring page for students to color during our arts & crafts workshop.
- 12:00 PM – The Constitution & Cinema Workshop
- Join film producer Micheal Flaherty to discuss Constitutional principles behind one of our We The Future Contest winner’s short films and receive tips to create your own storyboards for PSAs and short films. Bring your pencil and paper to create your own storyboard!
- 12:30 PM – The Constitution & Science Workshop
- Join us as we walk through Ella Dumas’s winning STEM Project – a Constitution-themed Escape Room! Interactive! Classrooms around the country will help submit answers! Can we escape? Join us and find out! Click here to view the escape room now!
- 1:00 PM – The Constitution & Citizenship Workshop
- Join us as Americana Corner Founder, Tom Hand, “We The Future” Contest Winner Samir Patel and Turner Maurice Gauntt, Jr. Exemplary Citizenship Award winners talk about the importance of citizenship, what it means, and how to win this scholarship prize!
- 1:30 PM – The Constitution & the First Amendment Workshop
- Join us as we teach students how to write a petition and use their unalienable rights protected by the Constitution!
- 2:00 PM – The Constitution & Communication Workshop
- Join CNN Commentator and Communications Consultant Alice Stewart to discuss Constitutional principles behind one of our We The Future Contest winner’s winning essays or speeches and receive tips on how to deliver strong arguments in your own essays and speeches! Bring paper and a writing utensil to get started planning your winning communications!
- 2:30 PM – The Constitution & How to Have a Civil Civic Conversation Workshop
- Join U.S. Semiquincentennial Chair and former Treasurer of the United States, Rosie Rios and Constituting America’s contest winners as they discuss “How to Have a Civil Civic Conversation” and why it’s important!
- 3:00 PM – The Constitution & Concert Workshop
- Join Nashville songwriter Steve Dean and our We The Future Contest Winners as they discuss their winning songs and receive tips on how to write lyrics and music! Bring paper and pencil to get started on your drafts!
Stay tuned for more news on our special VIRTUAL presentation in celebration of the 235th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution! Perfect for your classroom – remote or live – for Constitution Day!