Friday, September 16 – 10:00am – 3:30pm Eastern
Our LIVE Constitution Day VIRTUAL Workshops!
Join us on Friday, September 16th for our Constitution Day Virtual Workshops – geared toward students! Perfect for watching from home or in the classroom. We have new programs every half hour! Drop in based on your interest, or stay all day.
Join us for a full day of 30-minute workshops, starting at 10:00 AM Eastern, to celebrate the U.S. Constitution and help students learn how the Constitution applies to their individual strengths and interests! Each segment will feature our fabulous We The Future contest winners!
Teachers: Sign up by Friday, September 9, and upon request, we will provide free Constitutions for your school and classroom! Email your request with the amount needed and shipping address to email@example.com
All students who watch at least one live segment will receive two extra weeks to submit their We The Future contest entry, with the new due date being Friday, September 30! Click here for more information on our contest!
ALL TIMES IN EASTERN.
- 10:00 AM – Opening & Introduction
- 10:15 AM – LIVE Reading of the U.S. Constitution
- Join us for a live reading of the Constitution – with students!
- 11:30 AM – The Constitution & Crafts Workshop
- Special Guest: Texas Poet Laureate and Constituting America Poetry Judge: Karla Morton leads your students in crafting their own poem and art project.
- 12:00 PM – The Constitution & Cinema Workshop
- Join a Constitutional Scholar and film professional to discuss Constitutional principles behind one of our We The Future Contest winner’s short films and receive tips to create your own storyboards for PSAs and short films. Bring your pencil and paper to create your own storyboard!
- 12:30 PM – The Constitution & Science Workshop
- Join a Constitutional Scholar and a STEM professional to discuss Constitutional principles behind one of our We The Future Contest winner’s STEM projects and receive tips on how to create a template for building an app or website. Use your computer, phone, or tablet to follow along!
- 1:00 PM – The Constitution & Citizenship Workshop
- Join us as former Turner Maurice Gauntt, Jr. Exemplary Citizenship Award winners talk about how to win the scholarship and the amazing opportunities it provides!
- 1:30 PM – The Constitution & the First Amendment Workshop
- Join us as we teach students how to write a petition and use their unalienable rights protected by the Constitution!
- 2:00 PM – The Constitution & Communication Workshop
- Join a Constitutional Scholar and author to discuss Constitutional principles behind one of our We The Future Contest winner’s winning essays or speeches and receive tips on how to deliver strong arguments in your own essays and speeches! Bring paper and a writing utensil to get started planning your winning communications!
- 2:30 PM – The Constitution & How to Have a Civil Civic Conversation Workshop
- Constituting America’s contest winners teach how to have a Civil Civic Conversation in our divided country!
- 3:00 PM – The Constitution & Concert Workshop
- Join a Constitutional Scholar and singer/songwriter professional to discuss Constitutional principles behind one of our We The Future Contest Winners’ winning songs and receive tips on how to write lyrics and music! Bring paper and pencil to get started on your drafts!
Stay tuned for more news on our special VIRTUAL presentation in celebration of the 235th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution! Perfect for your classroom – remote or live – for Constitution Day!